Our client is a renowned services company with offices in Brussels. In your new professional environment, you will work closely with a consultant working in the Legal Practice in Europe. As the Executive Assistant, you will liaise also extensively with other members of the Practice in other offices.
Your core task is to provide first class qualitative executive assistance support to the consultant, so that she can focus on searching and recruiting senior positions for his clients. Additionnaly, as you will be a member of the local Brussels team, you will provide backup (in case of vacation or illness) to the other Executive Assistant(s) as well as to the Receptionnist (who handles reception, office administration, IT, etc.)
More specifically, your responsibilities include the following:
- Daily contact with senior clients and candidates;
- Maintaining status reports of assignments;
- Liaising with researchers for progress on assignments as necessary and sometimes assisting with basic identification;
Checking email messages, incoming mail and - in the consultant’s absence – taking action asappropriate;
- Maintaining the diary and making sure all changes are immediately noted;
Setting up meetings, booking all meeting rooms, travel, accommodation, arranging visas, etc.for the consultant, clients and candidates (worldwide), following up on changes and eventually travel ticket refunds;
- Arranging conference calls and video conferences ;
Extensive proofreading of documents such as contracts, candidate reports, references,presentations, e-mails, letters, update reports, etc. (in English);
Copywriting of contracts, job specifications, e-mails, letters, reports, company histories andbackground, presentations, etc. (and for the latter two, researching companies to obtain the necessary data) (in English);
- All typing of e-mails, letters, confidential reports, references, etc.;
Opening and maintaining candidate and assignment files (in the Firm’s worldwide database andin paper format) and updating comments daily (in the database);
- Preparing expenses invoices for the consultant, processing candidate expenses, making client invoices.
- General administrative tasks (providing admin follow-up for the consultant, filing, etc.);
- Replacing colleague EA or office assistant when absent.
- Prior experience as a secretary/assistant, having worked in a similar office environment in the services sector (which could include business services but also for instance call centers, hotel, travel agency, hospitality, etc.) where client service and confidentiality is paramount.
- Strong secretarial and administrative qualifications and skills;
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English - additional languages will be an asset but are not essential;
- Has worked in a truly international (global) environment.
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook - the client uses its own database which is Windows-based and on which extensive training will be provided.
Ideal Personal Characteristics
- Dynamic, autonomous, mature, common sense;
- A positive, thorough and professional approach to business and people;
- High standards of integrity and confidentiality; discreet, honest and trustworthy, able to deal with highly confidential matters;
- Must be able to communicate easily and confidently with clients and candidates who are at a very senior level. Excellent email writing and telephone technique as most communication is at distance rather than in-person;
- Independent, logical thinker who can anticipate which actions will be needed under set circumstances and who will ensure that this action is taken, eventually by other parties, in the absence of the consultant (when he is in different time zones or not reachable on an aircraft);
- Highly organised and able to multi-task and allocate priorities; pro-active and able to use initiative;
- Intelligent, disciplined with a practical approach;
- Extremely customer service oriented;
- Very stress resistant, capable of prioritizing and able to work under pressure of deadlines;
- A good team worker, but you can work autonomously as well ;
- Flexible with regards to working hours.
What we offer
- An agreeable and informal working atmosphere with room for autonomy;
- A temporary contract (from July 15th 2019 until March 31st 2020 at least);
- A salary in line with your experience, completed by meal vouchers and transport allowance;
- A 38h/week working schedule with flexibility;
- 20 days of holidays + closure between X-mas and New Year and all bridges for long weekend as well;