The Customer Care Professional – Customer Identification has a good understanding of the products and services for the specific area he/she works in.
He/she needs to be experienced in a usage of the customer databases and needs to have a global understanding of all product features and benefits.
He/She needs to have a broad understanding of the Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements for payment institutes.
He/She is responsible for:
- Verifying the correct identity of each customer (corporation, card member, merchant) in line with the regulation around Know Your Customer (KYC).
- Verify the information provided by customers for correctness, using external sources such as KBO, NBB, and Credit Catalyst.
- Identify, verify, correct discrepancies between data received from our customers and information found on legal sources (e.g. KBO, NBB, Credit Catalyst, etc ..)
- Updating our systems with the correct client identification information.
- Contacting customers to request missing identification information or to validate the information in our systems.
- Handling in a customer friendly way all questions from customers by phone or e-mail with regards to information requests we have sent them.
- Handling administrative tasks with regards to the clients’ files that need to be handled.
- Maintaining good relationships with colleagues from other teams such as sales and other customer service departments.
- Understanding and following instructions, information and procedures required in order to perform the job.
- Explaining details of the job to new hires to support training and on boarding process of new colleagues.
- Perform quality review of work of peers.
- Respecting confidentiality with regards to all customers’ data.
- Performing ad hoc tasks : Work with other departments (e.g. Account Management, Customer Service, Compliance, etc …); Account cancellation, block certain of the customer’s products , form classification and archiving, handle incoming e-mails and post, etc …
- Transfer not-KYC related questions / requests from clients to the appropriate department.
He/She is willing to do repetitive work and performs under the supervision of a team leader.
Minimal expertise and competencies
- Few or no precedent product knowledge is required, the function can be executed with a minimum level of experience and education and is done instructed and supervised by a manager.
- Understand and correctly interpret known data within defined procedures.
- Execute the tasks in a systematic way within a clear task description, with supervision of a team leader.
- Transfer own knowledge and transfer way of working in a formal and informal way.
- Answer correctly and in a structured way the most common questions from customers according to set rules and procedures. Able to correctly report on data and incidents.
- Treat others fair, respect confidentiality and approach others in an honest way.
- Understand and organize daily priorities independently.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with both customers and colleagues.
Education and learning time
- The function requires knowledge that is at least equivalent to a secundary degree (or equivalent experience) with a 3 to 6 months learning time.
- Dutch - Experienced (written & oral)
- French - Experienced (written & oral)
- English - Experienced (written & oral)
- MS Office - Experienced
- Proprietary IT platforms
- Job specific IT systems
What we offer
You will be offered:
- A position with lots of learning opportunities;
- An interesting salary package
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org